Sunday, September 23, 2007

Melinda's First SHOUT Meeting

I think about Melinda all the time and in fact, I remember the first time I met her. It was at our very first Shout meeting in June 2006 at Cafe Nova. I think we were all nervous. She bounced in with a huge smile on her face and I thought, "Wow, this girl is awesome!!" I think she had even done chemo recently. I could tell she had an amazing spirit and a wonderful heart. We connected because we both have twin brothers and talked about how neat that was growing up because you always had someone to play with. Melinda came to so many of our meetings and always had the most upbeat and positive attitude. She was always so willing to help out with our group and even took Sandi food after surgery. I am so happy that Shout was an important part of Melinda's recovery, and she helped so MANY in return with their recovery. She sure helped so many during her short time here on earth. ~Molly Fritch

[
SHOUT was founded in June 2006 by two breast cancer survivors, Molly Fritch and Sandi Troup. Diagnosed at ages 31 and 32, they recognized a need for other young survivors to connect and set out to create SHOUT: Strength, Healing, Optimism, Understanding...Together]

No comments: