Sunday, October 21, 2007

Remembering Melinda on TV

Fox 25 in Oklahoma City just did a great piece on Sandi Troup and the SHOUT organization she co-founded. She talks about many of the same things she mentioned in her memory below, and she shows off the Live, Love, Smile memory bracelets that Becky designed for Team Evans this year. From all reports, the Race for the Cure was a big success this year in OKC. Team Evans had at least 145 people walking in honor of Melinda, the biggest non-corporate group there from what we here. The video is embedded on the Fox 25 website so I can't post it here, and it is at the top of their "Top Stories" section until a new Top Story comes along. I think I may have found a solution.

To see Sandi's video follow my easy 3-step guide.

1) Highlight the "paragraph" below this step and copy it into your clipboard (Ctrl-C on Windows computers)

javascript:selectvideo('320x240,kokh_top_stories_BreastCancer.flv',story0,'','',417)

2) Go the the Fox 25 Top Stories page by following the link below step 3. (You have to read Step 3 before you go.)

3) Paste (Ctrl-V) the contents of your clipboard into your browser's address bar at the top and hit Enter. The SHOUT video should play.

Fox 25 (OKC) Top Stories video page

2 comments:

Summer said...

I was wondering who I needed to speak to about buying a live, love, smile bracelet in memory of Melinda. Could someone please let me know who I should contact? Thanks so much!

Jason said...

Summer,
We are selling them for $3 with proceeds going to Komen For The Cure.
We are in Toledo, but we can mail one to you. If you live in OKC, Michelle Maile is selling them also. Email me at jevansfp@gmail.com and we'll figure out the easiest way for you to get one.
Jason Evans